Some Random Notes
Congratulations to LA Pit member Brian Lipps (Smokin' Lipps) on his Grand Championship in Charenton, LA on 9/20/2014!!!
- The Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue competition recently announced a date change: their 2015 BBQ season will be from September 1, 2014 through JULY 31, 2015, and their 2016 season will be from AUGUST 1, 2015 through JULY 31, 2016
- A contest in Chalmette, LA (St. Bernard Parish) is being planned for November, 2014; here are some pictures of the site (thanks to Pit member James Cruse)
- We visited Louisiana Mudfest in Colfax, LA to view the planned site for their 10/10-11/14 contest; click here for pictures
- A reminder to all IBCA contest promoters/organizers: if your event is a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, *PLEASE* send a copy of the proclamation the state sends you to BCA at least 30 DAYS before your contest! Also, please send a copy to this website, just to be safe. Thanks!!
- Mardi Gras in 2015: 2/17/15
- Easter Sunday in 2015: 4/5/15
Congratulations to LA Pit member Rhonda Titus (Me, My Chicken & I) on her Reserve Grand Championship and 1st place brisket in Charenton, LA on 9/20/14!!!
Congratulations to LA Pit member Jason White (BBQ N' White) on his 1st place ribs in Charenton, LA on 9/20/2014!!!
Congratulations to LA Pit member Glenn Jarrett (She Thinks My Slabs R Sexy) on his 1st place chicken in Charenton, LA on 9/20/2014!!!
Congratulations to the Sam's Nationals qualifiers from the Louisiana Pit -
Barry Smith, Bayou Boogie BBQ (Hammond, LA)
Adam Gautreau (Gonzales, LA) & Jason White (Addis, LA), Cajun Blaze
Dennis May, Smokin' N the Dark (Silsbee, TX)
Best of luck in Bentonville, AR at the Sams National Championship on 9/27/2014!!!
Do you have some news for the Louisiana BBQ Pit that needs to be posted here? If so, please Click Here. Thanks!