Some Random Notes:
Congratulations to LA Pit member Barry Smith (Bayou Boogie BBQ) on his Grand Championship and 1st place brisket in Houma, LA on 8/9/14!!!
- There will be an informal meeting of the LA Pit at the Slidell, LA contest 8/22/14 at 4:00 pm
- The Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue competition recently announced a date change: their 2015 BBQ season will be from September 1, 2014 through JULY 31, 2015, and their 2016 season will be from AUGUST 1, 2015 through JULY 31, 2016
- The 2014 Added Money Event for the La Pit will be held at the Gonzales (Safety Council contest) 9/5-6/2014 - you must be an LA Pit member by 8/31/2014 to participate
- A contest in Chalmette, LA (St. Bernard Parish) is being planned for November, 2014; here are some pictures of the site (thanks to Pit member James Cruse)
- We visited Louisiana Mudfest in Colfax, LA to view the planned site for their 10/10-11/14 contest; click here for pictures
- A reminder to all IBCA contest promoters/organizers: if your event is a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, *PLEASE* send a copy of the proclamation the state sends you to IBCA at least 30 DAYS before your contest! Also, please send a copy to this website, just to be safe. Thanks!!
- A reminder: IBCA is a RECOGNIZED sanctioning organization for the American Royal & Jack Daniels
- Mardi Gras in 2015: 2/17/15
- Easter Sunday in 2015: 4/5/15
Congratulations to LA Pit member Brandon Cormier (C'est Fou Cajun Cookers) on his Reserve Grand Championship in Houma, LA on 8/9/14!!!
Congratulations to LA Pit member Adam Gautreau (Cajun Blaze) on his 1st place chicken in Houma, LA on 8/9/14!!!
Congratulations to LA Pit member Brian Lipps (Smokin' Lipps) on his 1st place ribs in Houma, LA on 8/9/14!!!
Do you have some news for the Louisiana BBQ pit that needs to be posted here? If so, please Click Here. Thanks!